Saturday, March 28, 2009

What kind of letter should I write to follow up with a company that I have already applied to?

I applied for a job that I really want and haven%26#039;t heard anything back. Two weeks have gone by and I was wondering if I should send a follow up letter? If so what kind of letter should I send?





Thanks,


EO
What kind of letter should I write to follow up with a company that I have already applied to?
If you have a contact at the company you applied to, I would call. It has been my experience that maintaining a professional relationship with your contacts before and after interviews will really help in getting that second interview. I usually tried to call every two weeks to see where I stand.





If you want to send a letter, I would send a %26quot;thank you for interviewing me, this is why I am best fit for this position, I%26#039;m really interested in this career...%26quot; you get the point. I would send it sooner than later. If they%26#039;re interviewing other candidates, you want to make sure you are always near the front of the line in terms of who they think of first (which is why I prefer to call... repeatedly, but not to the point of being annoying).





It%26#039;s a fine line, and it depends a lot on what company, and who interviewed you. Try to be professional, and at the same time, try and network as much as possible.
What kind of letter should I write to follow up with a company that I have already applied to?
I would send a follow up letter and simply state that I was checking on the interview to see if the company was nearing a decision yet. If you haven%26#039;t gotten an interview, then I would ask if interviews are planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment